Which Hikvision Perimeter Protection Solution is Right for You? From Parking Lots to Long-Range in Harsh Environments, We’ve Got You Covered
Each security scenario has specific requirements that must be met to address specific challenges and meet industry compliance standards. When it comes to perimeter protection solutions, which Hikvision product is right for your application? Whether it’s protecting and monitoring your parking lot, seeing through harsh conditions such as smog or snow, or long-range tracking of vehicles and people moving throughout a designated area or property, Hikvision has you covered. Keep reading to learn about our most popular and effective perimeter protection technologies:
- License plate recognition
- Auto Tracking
- Radar PTZ
License Plate Recognition (LPR) for Parking Areas
Hikvision’s LPR systems quickly identify license plate numbers to support more efficient site security and vehicle access management for employees and visitors. This solution helps to:
- Mitigate risk by providing an alert if an unauthorized vehicle enters the property.
- Generate revenue with various parking and gate control applications.
- Improve customer service by providing alerts when a VIP enters the property.
- Boost compliance by ensuring that only preauthorized vehicles are allowed to enter the property.
- Reduce costs with improved efficient for ease of management with fewer guards and barriers.
Thermal Imaging for Short-Range, Harsh Weather or Obstructed Environments
Hikvision thermal imaging cameras provide a highly effective technology tool for advanced detection, spotting intruders in adverse weather conditions such as fog, smog, rain and snow, and even after-hours when it is dark outside. Thermal imaging is not affected by light and will produce clear images in harsh light and darkness. This solution helps to:
- Mitigate risk by seeing past environmental and weather factors such as smoke or fog. By seeing clearly through these conditions, it eliminates a cover for potential intruders, deterring unwanted behavior.
- Increase safety by enabling first responders to see intruders in the dark or in areas with dense trees or grass.
- Save money by providing clear images in complete darkness, eliminating the cost of trenching and installing expensive lighting.
Long Range Precise Tracking of Human & Vehicle Movement
Hikvision’s Smart Tracking automatically tracks people and vehicles as they move through a property. Vehicles that enter an unauthorized area can trigger an alarm to deter unwanted behavior and reduce the risk of a security incident occurring. This solution provides:
- High efficiency target classification that only follows objects identified as a person or a vehicle.
- Sharp detail with long range detection of 2,199 feet (670 m) and ultra-low light sensing capability that delivers colorful nighttime video.
Monitoring Large Exposed Areas with Radar PTZ
Overcoming challenges of conventional security systems, Hikvision’s radar-equipped PTZ speed dome camera provides all-day intelligent perimeter protection that’s impervious to smog, dust and other environmental conditions. This solution helps to:
- Enhance efficiency of monitoring with basic motion detection and advanced intrusion, line crossing, region entrance/exit and audio detection.
- Reduce costs associated with responding to unimportant events by reducing false alarms.
- Improve monitoring of expansive areas using smart tracking and patrol tracking across multiple scenes.